Sunday, September 11, 2011

Creativity, Piracy, and Intellectual Property

I have selected Creativity, Piracy, and Intellectual Property as my inquiry area. This topic stood out the most to me from the list. I think that the growth of the digital world has drastically changed the way people express themselves. Social networks like Facebook and MySpace have changed what it means to share and be creative. Piracy is also a growing problem in the music and movie industries. Computers have made it somewhat easy to share and copy files. Moral lines are blurred when it is so easy to attain illegal material.

I aim to explore all of these issues in depth this semester. I hope to explore how this is impacting the culture of “Digital Natives”. I also hope to look how it is affecting society as a whole and the global implications. How do people in other parts of the world look at the issues? Do “Digital Natives” ideas of what is right and moral differ from their parent’s views? Should blogging always be considered a form of creativity? I also wish to look at the impact that this inquiry area is having on education. I believe that this will be a relevant topic for a very long time as technology improves and ease of access increases.

Sources Used:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/research/youthandmedia/digitalnatives/areasofinquiry

http://www.borndigitalbook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment